You've got questions, and we've got answers! Below are the most commonly asked questions about the A.I.M. Adventure race and Teens Stand For Charities.
If you don't see the answer to your question, go to our CONTACT PAGE to shoot us an email and we will get back to you within 48 hours!
1. SO WHO ARE YOU GUYS ANYWAYS? The A.I.M Adventure Race is being coordinated and sponsored by Teens Stand For Charities! We are a group of about 50 teens from across York County who are committed to making a big difference in our communities and world TODAY. We believe that, working together, York County can do great things to help our community and world!
2. HOW DID YOU GET STARTED? Teens Stand For Charities began with a group of students from Christian School of York who wanted to get involved in charitable work. They tried to set up a lemonade stand in their back yard, intending to give all the money raised to local charities. They were told they were not allowed to unless they were a nonprofit group with the state of Pennsylvania! Undeterred, they began the necessary process to become the first non-profit corporation run by teens in the state of Pennsylvania! The group is one of only four of its kind in the entire nation! We have now received 501(c)(3) tax exempt status with the IRS. This means that all donations made to our charity are tax exempt! :) Check out our website for last year's big event at www.wellstournament2012.org. In participating in this race you are also supporting the efforts of the many teens who have volunteered hundreds of hours to organize this campaign in York County.
3. WHAT EXACTLY IS AN ADVENTURE RACE??? An adventure race is more like a treasure hunt than an actual race. To complete the race, you will have to solve clues and complete challenges! This is what makes it such a great opportunity to give back: You get to do it while having fun!
4. HOW HARD WILL IT BE? For those of you who have actually seen the Amazing Race and are thinking this race is going to be REALLY HARD, relax! The race will be a simple, fun, community event for any age group! We are encouraging anyone to come out and join us for this day of fun and charity!
5. I WANT TO DO THE RACE! HOW CAN I SIGN UP? We are so excited that you want to join us! To sign up, you can go to our Race Registration page!
6. WAIT, WHEN AND WHERE AND HOW??? The race will be held on April 27, 2013. This will be York City's very first adventure race! Contestants will begin at William Penn High School, and they will follow a set of secret clues to complete tasks in York City. Prizes will be given to the contestants who complete the challenges the fastest, raise the most money for their charity, have the most creative team name, and also a variety of other miscellaneous prizes! Contestants will have the option to run, bike, or walk, in teams of 2-4, or individually.
7 HOW DO I PICK MY CHARITY?? Through the race, you get to pick which charity you would like to support! We are supporting 12 worthy local charities through the A.I.M. Adventure Race. Please visit our Participating Charities page for more information on each charity!
8. I AM A BUSINESS. HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED? We thank you for your interest! We welcome business sponsors for the A.I.M Adventure Race. Level One contributors will be able to put up a business banner at the race, and Level Two contributors will be able to put their names on the back of the race t-shirts. Please contact us with any questions- we would love to talk with you or meet with you in person!
9. I AM A CHURCH. HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED? We would love for both youth groups and entire churches to get involved! We are looking forward to a great mix of adults and teens to be involved in the race. Please contact us for more information on how your church members can get involved in this worthy and fun endeavor!
10. CAN I BRING MY KIDS? DOGS? Yes you can! As previously stated, this is a community-wide event. Feel free to bring your kids, pets, friends, etc!
11. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR REGISTRATION?? To register for our race is cheap, only $20! Most adventure races of this type are at least $70, but we decided to make this as cheap and easy for you as possible! Don't forget to hurry to sign up though! See you there! :D